Thriving in Health collaborated with the Black Dog Institute to deliver the Job Control project.
The Job Control project aimed to improve health worker mental health by increasing job control through skills training and a continuous improvement approach involving individual employees, teams, and the broader organisation.
The intent of the Job Control strategy was to:
- improve understanding of workplace factors that can impact healthcare worker mental health
- increase awareness of the impact of job control on mental health
- build capability to implement relevant workplace strategies targeting job control
- an experienced subject matter facilitator enhanced delivery and acceptability of workshop content
- targeted training was well received by participants
Resources for health services
The videos and toolkit below were developed healthcare leaders. These resources can be used together to help conceptualise job control in the workplace and take action to protect and promote healthcare worker mental health and wellbeing.