Thriving in Health collaborated with the Black Dog Institute to deliver the Leading in Health strategy.
The key aim of this strategy was to support leaders in healthcare to act proactively to prevent mental injury, and develop mentally safe and healthy workplaces with the delivery of a flexible eLearning package.
The intent of the eLearning package was to:
- develop an understanding of work-related factors (otherwise known as psychosocial hazards) that can impact healthcare worker mental health and wellbeing
- support leaders to adopt a risk management approach to workplace mental health
- manage and sustain mentally healthy and safe workplace practices
- the program had broad appeal across a diverse range of participants, including different age groups, work roles and supervisory responsibilities
- the eLearning was associated with significant gains in knowledge, confidence and responsiveness to workplace mental health and wellbeing, in a small subgroup of respondents
Resources for health services
These fact sheets were created for health services. They responded to a need for ‘bite-sized’ resources that could have multiple applications across organisations. The videos can be viewed via Youtube and the fact sheets can be downloaded and printed. These resources can be used to raise awareness and take action to protect and promote healthcare worker mental health and wellbeing.